Sunday 3 February 2013

Written a month ago, published now...



Trying to paint my models ;)

So, its the new year, wahoo, I am trying to paint here, will you keep it down please!

As I am sure most hobbyists got some vouchers for their chosen hobby even were even lucky enough to get the models they were after.  I got the former, which I am very happy happy with and I got some Hive Guard.  I had noticed their awesome firepower and I had also been recommended them by some people on a forum.

I decide on New Year's Day that I am going to put them together (having got the models the weekend before) when I discover I have no glue.  TYPICAL!  So I cut all the pieces out and clean up all the finecast then I would go out and get the glue I needed.  I couldn't just pop to my local store either, as they now close on Tuesdays and January 1st was a Tuesday this year.

I went to my local supermarket and got a named brand of super glue which has put them together nicely.  By the time I had got all the models together it was dark outside so I decided to put the models to one side and I would start painting them on the 2nd.

Roll on Wednesday and the weather is rubbish.  I am very disappointed although I am not surprised.  So I think to myself I will continue with my hobby by getting other models ready in the hope that it might brighten up later in the day.  Did it? Nope!  I turned to my long suffering girlfriend and asked if it was alright to cheer myself up by killing some Orks by playing Space Marine on the X-Box.  She of course complied and I spent the next couple of hours trying to get a couple of the achievements I have left to acquire.

So, its now Thursday and I wake up to another gloomy day, but wait, its windy as well so its even more inappropriate to start basing models.  It even looks like it might rain.  I must admit, part of my is tempted to go to B&Q and get a gazebo of some description as this would allow me to get going on the basing of my models.  I have my flying monster as well to strip, which I can't do inside.

This weather is killing me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment